Repeat prescriptions, appointments information and brief medical information (such as allergies, vaccinations etc.) can be requested, accessed and viewed by using our online systems.
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR STRATTON PATIENTS' ON-LINE ACCESS
As we are changing the computer system at Stratton in July to Systm1 On-line this will mean our Stratton patients will need to re-register for on-line access to book appointments and order medication. Please follow the link for details:ON-LINE ACCESS
Due to clinical governance requirements Stratton Medical Centre will no longer be able to take requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone with effect from 30th June 2018.
From Monday 2nd July patients will be able to request repeat prescriptions:
- In writing, posted to the surgery or dropped into the box outside the surgery.
- In person, by handing the repeat slip in at your local chemist.
- In person, by handing the repeat prescription slip in at reception.
- By email, by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online, by registering for online access (Please remember we will be able to register you for online access after the 16/07/18.)
FOR STRATTON (after 16th July 2018) & HOLSWORTHY PATIENTS: Click here to order prescriptions.
Stratton patients are no longer able to order through Patient Access.
To get your user name and passwords for either service please call in person at reception. Stratton patients are unable to do this until after 16th July 2018. ID will be required to verify your details. We are unable to give your on-line details to another person unless requested in advance in writing.
Please remember it takes at least 48 hours to process prescriptions and then they need to be made up by your nominated pharmacy. Please order in plenty of time as last-minute requests are very difficult to accommodate.
Parents may link their children's records (if under 11) to their own. This does not happen automatically so please ask when registering for on-line access as paperwork may need to be completed.